Want to upgrade to Windows 10? Directly upgraded your system from previous versions of Windows like Windows 7 or Windows 8? Is your PC becoming sluggish? Want a clean new OS for your PC? The Only answer to this question is to do a clean install of Windows 10 via bootable media.
Nowadays people buys laptops or personal computers with Windows 10 installed. Later they found out that it contains many unwanted manufacturer’s bloatware installed. So, they want a clean image of Windows 10 installed.
Also, if you have upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8 then the inbuilt installer drags all the files from previous versions and it also keeps recovery image of the previous operating system. That image eats up a lot of your memory and Windows won’t allow you to delete that.
Some people like me enjoys installing and testing new Softwares very often on their PC. As the time passes they found out that PC is getting slower and slower because of the junk of data created by the Softwares.
The process to do a clean install of Windows 10 via bootable media is quite simple. Many people think that it is very hard but trust me it is not rocket science. Windows 10 installation process, in fact, is one of the simplest and easiest process out there.
Also, Microsoft made the Windows 10 activation process quite simple. If you previously had Windows 10 installed on the machine, Windows 10 installer will automatically identify the hardware and activate Windows 10 itself.
Here, I have explained the process in detail. But you will need a bootable media like CD or USB drive in order to do a clean installation of windows 10. The third party software’s like Rufus is very helpful to create a bootable media. You can also use media creation tool to create bootable media for windows 10. If you don’t know how to create a bootable media, here is our step by step guide.
Related Article: How to Create a Bootable media For Windows 10? Step by Step.
Also, you will need to have a knowledge about- how to boot from bootable media? It is different for different computers. But most of the time it is either F8, F10, F12 or ESC buttons.
How to Do a Clean Install of Windows 10 Via Bootable Media
We have described the installation process in many steps for you to understand better. Also, if you are installing it on a laptop, I will suggest to connect it to a power source.
- Insert or attach your bootable media to PC.
- Boot from the bootable media. The following window will occur.
- Select your language and press Enter.
- Now, select your language to install, time format and input method and hit Next.
- The following window will appear, click on Install.
- Now, Windows Setup will ask you to enter the product key. I will suggest you Skip this step for now because if are reinstalling Windows 10 then it will automatically detect the product key and activate itself. Or you can enter it later.
- Now, check the box which says- I accept the license terms and hit Next.
- Now, in order to a clean install, you will need to select the option Custom: Install Windows only (advanced).
- Now, you will have to select the drive on which you want to install Windows 10, as you can see in the image below for me it is Drive 0 and click on Format.
- Select the formatted drive and click Next.
- Now, the following window will appear, this means your windows 10 installation has started successfully. It usually takes several minutes (Don’t turn off your computer).
- After that, your computer might reboot several times, wait patiently until the following window appears.
- Now, if you have product key then enter it or as I have told you earlier if you were previously using activated Windows 10 on that machine then click on Do this later as Windows 10 automatically detects the hardware and automatically activates itself.
- After that wait until the following window comes asking you to connect to a network. I will suggest you Skip this step. There is very good reason for that if your connection gets slow or fails you don’t want to interrupt the installation process.
- Now, following window will appear, you can customize your settings as you want. But, I will suggest you click on- Use Express settings.
- Create an account for your PC to make it secure, enter Username, password and password hint and hit Next.
- Now, you almost completed the installation and setup process of Windows 10, the following window will appear, this means windows is settings your apps and other stuff.
- After that, you will be successfully booted into Windows 10.
Congratulations! you have successfully done a clean install of Windows 10 via bootable media. If you still have any questions comment them down below in comment box. We would be happy to help. Suggestions and feedbacks are welcomed.